Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Winding Trails

February vacation...bonk...bonk..bonk...(See previous post for the source of this bonking noise!) What to do with three children with a week's break from school in sunny February? Lots of sitting around the house, for one thing. The Elwoods did manage one day of winter fun, however. Dennis took the day off from work and we drove to a ski center in Farmington. The big kids and I spent a few hours cross-country skiing the miles of beautiful trails, and Em and Dennis went ice skating on a pond. She pushed around a kid-sized plastic chair for balance and had a blast. We topped the day off with some sledding and a snow ball fight. Fun was had by all, and for just a day, February vacation seemed like a good idea



beautiful scenery
Sis fires one at Cardon's head

Bud gets in a gut shot


The sledding hill was fast!



The 2014 gold medalist in women's figure skating. (Em)




Bud was a natural at x-country.





Yes, Chiara, we're having fun. Smile!




























3 comments:

  1. A day like that? You almost convinced me that it would be fun to have february vacation in connecticut. (btw I love the plastic chair on the ice idea, I might have to try that next time) Next time you should skip the snow and come get some sunshine in Cold (shutter) Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikie,
    Cute post. It does sound really fun sometimes to be in New England and do fun stuff like that.

    I was looking at your list of blogs and saw "Seriously, so blessed" on there and had to click over. I have read it several times but haven't for a while. Thanks, it gave me some good lol-ing. :) That woman is a comic genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of the kids. We are SO excited to come and see you guys.

    ReplyDelete