Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Sky is Fallling! The Sky is Falling!

Forgive me for my whining but...You know the story of Chicken Little and his barnyard friends? Chicken Little panics when an acorn falls on his head because he's sure the sky is falling, and then all of the other animals join in on the panicked frenzy because they're all sure they're doomed. I think the Chicken Little story is based loosely on a snow day in New England. Tuesday afternoon the meteorologists were predicting a storm of 10-16 inches on Wednesday in Connecticut (the dreaded NorEaster), which of course, caused a panicked frenzy. Grocery stores were cleared of food, gas stations were emptied of fuel, and every school in the state was cancelled before a flake of snow ever fell from the sky. In fact, as you can see from my photos, very few flakes of snow ever fell from the sky. We will now be spending another day in school during the month of June all for 3 inches of snow that fell after 4:00 pm! You'd think after 6 years of this, I'd be able to just go with the flow....but "bonk" bonk" bonk," (that's the sound of my head hitting the wall repeatedly.) It's just one of those things I haven't been able to get over. Sigggghhhhh. Oh well! The kids had a great day of watching tv and eating junk food.
9:30 am
11:00 am.

1:30 pm


3:30 pm




4:15 pm.



11:30 am. Thursday
( a beautiful day!)



5 comments:

  1. When I post my blog you will laugh. I took a picture every hour practically beginning at 7:30 am. Should I say that great minds think alike? Off to write the board of ed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new password and now I can read all your good stuff. I love these pictures you live in such a beautiful place.
    Love You Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so brave to go out there and take those pictures. YOU COULD HAVE DIED in all that snow :) Maybe I should come and hang out there, I like watching TV and eating junk food too. Enjoy school until July Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the extra school day, but at 4:30 it sure did look pretty. Looks like the new came just in time, what would you have done with a non-icy driveway in february?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love the play-by-play shots. :)

    ReplyDelete