Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Condolences to All of You Stuck at Home in the Cold!

Yes, I know, we're spoiled but we started something two years ago that we cannot quit--an annual cruise to a warm location with Jim and Jill. It doesn't get much better than that! This year we left from Florida and visited Grand Cayman, Roatan, Honduras, Cozumel, Mexico, and Princess Cays--a private island in the Bahamas. We had a lovely 7 days of eating, sleeping, eating, lounging, eating, snorkeling, eating, zip lining, eating, scuba diving, eating, watching movies on the deck under the stars, and eating! Life was pretty darn good!
Dennis's catch of the day in Cozumel was a lovely balloon hat.
Holding stingrays in Grand Cayman
There is a sand bar a few miles out to sea where the stingrays congregate for free meals.





A sunset off of our balcony



The Elwoods, the Blotters, and our Boise friends, the Franklins and the Sheltons,
who have happened to be on all 3 cruises with us!
We're pretty sure we must have known each other in the pre-existence!
This photo was taken right after we gorged ourselves at the Crown Grille so I'm pretty sure all eight of us are sucking in our guts during the photo shoot!





Trying to get the monkey off my back!
Jill and I went ziplining while the guys went scuba diving, and this monkey really wanted the fruit in my backpack. When Jill tried to get him off, he bit her so I just had to take my backpack off of my shoulders and toss him to the ground! This would be AFTER he wrapped his tail around my neck and stuck the end of it in my mouth! I woke up the next morning and jumped on Dennis's back and started picking at his fleas, so who knows what disease I picked up!






A really hot couple!
(and walking advertisements for the Boston Red Sox!)







The Crown Princess. I still see her in my dreams!








The Elwoods and the Blotters in Cozumel. Notice the sweatshirts!
It was a little chilly that day but the water was still 78 degrees so who can complain?!










Eating...This is what we did for 95% of our cruise!










5 comments:

  1. So fun! Looks like you had a great time. And I can't stop laughing about the monkey on your back! Glad you got him off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great time. I love the monkey on your back. You should have brought it home for Larry. (remember he has always wanted one as a pet!) I think I like the eating part of the cruise the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting better at this. I loved the pictures it looks like so much fun. Just to see the sun made my day. I love the monkey you should have just zipped him in and brought him to Cardon. He would have had a great home.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Jealous!
    Want to come and sit on my new COUCH??!! =)
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikie,
    Cute blog. It is fun to read about your life in New England. It makes me miss being out in the "mission field" a little. Your kids are so cute and that fishing cake....amazing!

    ReplyDelete