Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Christmas and It's Christmas Time in the City!

Toys R Us
The Famous FAO Schwartz piano

Rockefeller Center


Carnegie Deli



The family with Elders Bruckner and Farmer. Elder Farmer spent last Christmas at our house, and then got transfered to our ward for 1 week so he spent his 2nd Christmas with us too! Lucky or unlucky for him?!




Secret Santa gifts





Christmas presents from Santa






The Sunday before Christmas







Em at the mall telling Santa all of her wishes.








I have some catching up to do! You'd think I could stay on top of my blog during vacation, but eating chocolate took up waaaay too much of my time to be productive! I'm posting some photos of our Christmas day--it was great. We spent Christmas morning enjoying family time and eating Grandma Margaret's famous pizza pan cinnamon roll and egg nog--that I have had to learn how to make! We then spent the afternoon and evening playing games with the missionaries. A Secret Santa dropped off a whole box of gifts for them to open, and they really enjoyed the gifts. If you're reading this, thanks, Secret Santa!







We've always wanted to see NYC all dressed up for the holidays but life is just too busy in the weeks before Christmas, so we left home early on the 28th and took the train to Grand Central to see the sights. The morning and afternoon weren't too bad--we rode the ferris wheel at Toys R Us and ate the mile high sandwiches at Carnegie Deli. By evening, the crowds were crazy! Rockefeller Center was a mass of humanity. It was nuts! I'm glad we did it, but I'm not going back any time soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nikie-
    It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I LOVE Emmy's dress. Can you find that in a size 6 for Morgan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when we went to rockefeller center around the same time a couple years ago, we were packed in so tight, people started mooing. It really did feel like we were being herded.

    ReplyDelete