Monday, January 16, 2012

Halloween and Birthdays to Remember

After 6 days without power, my lovely cousin Michelle, invited us to her home near Boston.  The kids and I went up on Thursday and stayed until Friday afternoon, flushing her toilets and having hot showers.  The storm at her home delayed Halloween but did not cancel it, as was the case at our house so Cardon and Em got to go Trick-or Treating.  Em's dance costume from June turned into a lovely Tinkerbell costume and Cardon was a hobo, willing to work for candy. The kids always get to choose the menu on the Sunday of their birthdays so Cardon had to choose anything I could cook on a Camp Chef.  By his actual birthday, Dennis and Curtis Bingham, a friend from the ward, had rigged a plug so we could hard-wire the generator into the dryer socket and have electricity into the house.  We had to turn everything else off to run the oven, but I managed a lovely birthday cake!



So cute!
Peach Cobbler in the Dutch Oven.  Thank you, Camp Chef!
My big guy is now 13!  How can it be!
Cardon and Samuel went to an airsoft battefield and shot each other all afternoon for their birthdays.
What fun!?

2 comments:

  1. Great costumes! And I can't believe Cardon is 13 either. Sheesh. I was 13 when he was born! (Ack!) Sounds like they were definitely birthdays to remember - without power - but you guys are so resourceful (hooray for camp chef!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the no power days. I am surprised you even posted pictures it was so bad for you! Cardon is getting so grown up, I forget it is him when I look at him!

    ReplyDelete