Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Prayers Answered

This is Sox, our beloved cat. Unfortunately, not the sharpest tool in the kitty shed, so to speak. In March of 2009 he treed himself in a tall skinny pine in our backyard, and after many hours of hand wringing by the family--(OK, not me. I was in NYC with my friends!), our friend, Gregg, a tree cutter by trade/hobby, climbed up the tree in his spiked boots and rescued him.
On Monday, Sox was nowhere to be found and when we called to him, we heard frantic meowing from the trees in the front yard. Sox was stranded on the tiniest of limbs quite aways from the ground. After much begging/crying from the kids, I put on some long pants and sturdy boots and headed out to get the ladder. By the time I had the ladder ready and was headed out into the thick of the forest, here came Sox through the undergrowth. He was down! Em explained that the reason he was out of the tree was because she prayed he could get down. Thank goodness for answered prayers!

He doesn't like to sleep in the garage at night. He thinks he's tough and sleeps outside so who knows how long he'd been stranded?!





5 comments:

  1. I am glad he came down! We love and miss Emmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there should be a picture of you all decked out with ladder in hand ready to brave that tree. :) Glad you didn't have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor sox! LoL though, why is it that I just now figured out the whole spelling thing. Now his name makes a whole lot more sense...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww glad he made it down! Cats are silly sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved to see that scene....

    ReplyDelete