Mini golfing on the ship in Miami.
The first of our nightly towel animals.
Formal night
Our first stop was Grand Turk. We took a shore excursion out on a snorkel boat to the reefs surrounding the island. It was amazing. We saw all kinds of tropical fish, a sea turtle, a barracuda, and a sleeping nurse shark!
This is where we ate lunch. You can't beat the view at Jack's Shack!
Having lots of fun is tiring!
Our second stop was at Half Moon Cay, Carnival's private island. It was another slice of paradise.
Em spent the day playing in the water and sand.
Early in the day, Cardon and I went to snorkel with sting rays and feed them squid. (Sadly, no photos!). Later in the afternoon, Chiara and Dennis went parasailing.
The family shadow photo.
Much of our cruise revolved around food!
We were lucky in the fact that Carnival has some cabins that hold five people. We were cozy, which was fine because we didn't spend much time in the room. Dennis and I had a queen bed right next to these 3 peas in a pod!
Our last stop was Nassau, Bahamas. On good advice from our friends the Tautkuses and Sanvilles, we decided to spend the day at Atlantis. We had so darn much fun. It's a beautiful resort--inside and out--murals, fountains, indoor and outdoor aquariums--it was spectacular. Then there were the waters slides. They were crazy!
Cardon
Chiara
Mom!
This is our farewell shot. It was time to get on the ship and head for home.
This sandcastle was built by some kids next to us on Half Moon Cay. Their words on the castle are a perfect summary for our vacation---FUN!



















oh my goodness- looks like a BLAST!!! Love the shadow pic!
ReplyDeleteHope you are all doing great! - Vi
What a FUN trip! It looks like you had a BLAST! We hope to go with you next time :)
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I am soooo glad that you guys got to go and had a great time. So taking the kids on a cruise can actually be fun? I am helping my sister plan a cruise for her and her husband the end of April, so I may be calling on you for advice. Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteIt looked like they DID actually like cruising! It looked so fun and so warm. So how was Carnival? Was it great for the kids? I loved seeing all the pics. I'll call you for more detailed. It made me so excited to go next month! :)
ReplyDeleteSO FUN!!! I love all the pics, especially the shadow one (Fun idea). And can I say that Chiara in that big hat looks way too old! Next time I'm hiding in your suitcase.
ReplyDeleteWow, your life looks a LOT more exciting than mine. Glad you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun vacation! Sounds like a good thing to do in February. I agree, maybe the schools back there are on to something!
ReplyDelete